Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

21 Days of Thanksgiving: Days 19, 20 & 21

When I started this challenge, my goal was to blog every day about the things I was grateful for. For the most part, I've stuck to that goal, but somewhere along the way I decided it was getting a little bit boring for the readers and wanted to spice it up. So for the last few days of the challenge I decided to do it gradually and post when I felt I had enough reading materials to keep everyone entertained. After all, how interesting can it be to read about the laundry list of things I have to be grateful for. I also wanted to save my 100th post on this blog for something a little more interesting which also necessitated less posts or double posts in one day (not likely to happen). So without further adieu, I give you the last of the gratefulness posts (for now) before returning you to your regularly scheduled programing tomorrow.

I'm grateful for BeautiControl. Selling is not exactly my strong point. I have a hard time asking for a price and not feeling guilty about selling something for that price. However, being a BeautiControl consultant and going out and doing the parties has allowed me to get out of my comfort zone and develop some new skills. I wouldn't say that I'm anywhere near a great salesperson at this point, but I have gained a lot from the experience. I'm also grateful that Spencer has been supportive of the endeavor even though I haven't always been very good at doing the business, working full time, and going to school. I bring this up today (Saturday) because I was at an open house this morning. Business wasn't great, but I did enjoy the company of the girl in the room with me and was able to make a little money. I'm grateful that I was able to do this.

I'm grateful today (Sunday) to finally have been released from my calling as ward organist. I was promised release last year this time and it has taken nearly a year to happen. I'm grateful that it finally did and that I was able to sit with my husband in church for once without having to worry about the next song or how I was going to play it. I'm grateful that I have a new calling now in the relief society activities committee to start working one.

I'm grateful today (Monday) that I will only have to be at work 8 more times this year (counting today). It's so exciting to be headed home and I'm grateful that we had the vacation time and the funds to do so this year. I'm grateful that I will get to spend Christmas with my sisters and parents and Spencer. I'm grateful that we will get to enjoy each other's company for the first time in over a year. I'm also grateful that when I come back to work, I won't have school to deal with anymore and I will be able to just sit back and go to work and come home for a while.

No comments: