Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

21 Days of Thanksgiving: Days 17 & 18

This is somewhat of a catch up post as I spent my evening lounging, then shoveling snow like mad until almost 10. After that, I think I pretty much fell asleep sitting up talking so I'm not really sure if I had remember to post it would have even been coherent. Long weekend, anyone? Unfortunately for me, no. I will be at Osborne Family Chiropractic tomorrow morning doing another open house. Wish me luck!

Side note: if you are still looking for holiday gift (for yourself and others) I am marking my BeautiControl inventory waaay down. I'm cleaning house for the new year and trying to downsize in case we have to move. I'll post more details in a separate post...and who knows, maybe even in a separate page if I get creative enough!

On to the gratefulness. I'm grateful that Milwaukee always has a "White Christmas". It's my favorite Christmas flick of all time and nothing says Christmas more than a fresh blanket of newly fallen snow. I'm grateful that all that snow is reflective and white. At night it seems to catch the street lamps, the moon, and the Christmas lights and turn the darkness we usually get into a warm, but still night-like, glow. It's a great thing to see in a place where dark comes at 4:15--almost an hour before I get off work.

I'm also grateful today because my final paper/project/whatever was approved and successfully submitted which means I get to graduate! No, I'm not completely done, but I only have one paper to write now! I'm grateful that while the process was long, it wasn't really all that hard. I'm also grateful that I was gifted with the ability to write with ease and a faculty advisor that always got back to me right away so I could get done quickly. It's great to be done (excluding that last little push) and I'm grateful I don't have to worry about it or obsess about it any more.

No comments: