Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

Life as a Grad

Well, it's been almost 3 weeks since I graduated (!) from my bioethics program. It was a big push at the end and took a ton of effort on my part to get motivated to write those last few papers. I love school, just not the part where you get graded and have to write about what they want you to write about. I guess I thought I'd be bored or something by now, but I can honestly say that I'm not. Here's a quick breakdown of recent happenings:

I turned in my final paper on December 21st, added red highlights to the mix, and started prepping for the trip back home for Christmas. We hoped a plane to DC on Thursday (no connections, wahoo!) for the Christmas/New Year holiday. We spent out time there shopping, going to movies, shopping, seeing the National Christmas Tree, shopping, going to the National Zoo, and did I mention shopping? Of course, there were the traditional Christmas activities as well like Christmas Tree Lane, hot chocolate, presents, and the obligatory post-present fashion show. Spencer's not used to so many girls, but I think he survived because he got to build my parents a brand new computer while he was there and filled the rest of his time with Star Craft.

January brought us back to Wisconsin and back to reality. Spencer started his radiology rotation and I went back to work. Two days later, I was home with the mother of all colds. It first hit in early December, then decided to rear it's ugly head again over the break. I though it had gone away until it knocked me on my back for a few days. Suffice it to say I haven't done too much since we've been home.

Spencer, on the other hand, has had 2 more trips to the far away land of Detroit, MI in the past week. Apparently the gods of match day want us to move to Detroit. Me? Not so much. I'd much rather stay here or go to sunny California instead.

Since I'm done with school now, I finally have time for exciting things like cleaning the bathroom, making dinner, and folding clothes. Hmmm. What does that say about my housekeeping skills for the past few years? Seriously though, I'm enjoying the time I have now to take better care of the house and spend my down time after work doing fun things instead of reading for class or typing up a paper. I'm reading for fun again and knitting more. In fact, I've already finished my first project and book and am hard at work on the second book/project. All in all, I think 2011 is shaping up to be a pretty exciting year. It's the year of change for us and that, for once, is a good thing (to quote Martha).

No comments: