Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

"Fried"-day

This marks the end of the first week of being officially down one coworker. My lovely coworker and friend Bel made the transition a job much closer to home this week. She no longer has to commute over an hour with her baby just to get to work every day, and she doesn't have to get up at 4:30am anymore either which means she is finally getting some well-deserved sleep. All in all, it was an awesome move for her and I'm happy that she was finally able to make that change and for herself and for her family. However, I'm missing her like crazy and wishing she was here to help out with some of the work load. We tripled the number of reviews we are doing this year and since my other coworker only works part time, it feels a bit like the brunt of the work is falling to me. Don't get me wrong, I love being busy. Being busy makes the day go faster, keeps me on task, and sends me home with a sense of accomplishment I can't quite get from a slow day of web surfing. On the other hand, I'm incredibly tired and wishing there was another set of hands to help carry the load. Plus I miss our lunch time walks that included a visit to the munchkin and other daycare kids. It was nice to get out and see the sun--even if has been below 20 degree for the past few months. Oh well. At least it's Friday.

2 comments:

Meg said...

It's funny, but being directionless and having nothing to do at all is as bad as having too much to do. Hearing this ticks a lot of people off, but it's true. It especially sucks when you have a work ethic and feel that you should be doing something.

Those days are over for me, I picked a major and now I'm trying to get into grad school as well as get started as an artist.

Megan said...

I know what you mean. I have a hard time sitting still, which is why I tend to overload myself. Slowly, very slowly, though I'm learning to be more balanced. It's a fine line to walk though.