Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Happy 2011!

Well, we're officially on day 4 of 2011 and since the rest of the blogging world is already doing it, I decided to go ahead and add my own list of resolutions/hopes for the new year to the interwebs.

1. Knit more. Not just knit more, finish more. I currently have at least 9 (that I can think of) projects on my needles or in various states of being done. They are:
  • Tiffany's baby boy coming home sweater (he was born last March and is an extremely large baby). All it needs is the sleeves sewn up, buttons sewn on, and a crochet border.
  • The 6 month boy sweater for a soon to be 3rd time mommy- all it needs is one sleeve, button bands, and buttons.
  • The 6 month girl sweater for another soon to be 3rd time mommy-still on the needles, needs the sleeve knit, the bottom ribbing finished, button bands, and buttons.
  • The koolhaas hat for me in a creamy white-I'm on the second of 5 cable repeats, then I need to shape the crown and finish.
  • A green scarf that just needs the ends woven in.
  • A felted bag-so there are only about 4 rows on there...but they are there so I guess I should get working.
  • Rachel's XOXO headband: Super soft, lovely. It needs a few more cable repeats and then it just needs to be sewn together. It's still on the needles right now.
  • The Debbie Bliss 1 year old brown sweater. It's still on the needles and taking forever (probably because I never work on it, huh). I have barely started one piece and there are four total, then all of them need to be sewn together.
  • My first sweater: it's the sweater that haunts me. It's been knit for a long time, but I hadn't learned how to sew knitted garments yet so the first time I did it, it looked horrible. Now I've picked out the seams and will be starting again. It's also way too small. I'm thinking of going back and adding ribbing around the sleeves and bottom since the width is OK, the length is just way off.
I also have several patterns in mind for the other yarn I've acquired. In no particular order:
  • 2 more 6 month baby sweaters: 1 to donate, 1 for a baby scheduled to debut in March
  • A scarf to match koolhaas with the left over yarn
  • Socks! Lots and lots of socks! I even have some great sock yarn to go with it.
  • Hand warmers to match Rachel's XOXO headband
  • The "baby dotty" blanket form Mason Dixon--steeking, scary!
  • A market bag
  • Another sweater for me
  • Some sort of short sleeved sweater or vest for the yarn from Wool and Sheep.
Phew!

2. Read for fun. I'm done with school now, probably forever (in a formal setting) and it's now time to read just for the sake of reading. I've got a ton of books on my shelves that I'd like to get to but haven't had time for yet and now is my chance. Plus, there are always more at the library!

3. Bring my lunch to work instead of buying most days of the week. It's cheaper and probably better for me. Unless I only bring brownies or cake. :)

4. Make better use of my YMCA membership. I don't use it nearly enough right now.

5. Be more consistent with my scripture study.

6. Actually clean the house now and then rather than just looking around and thinking, "wow. that looks really messy."

That's all for now. Really the list is only inclusive through about May which is when we will be making some sort of transition to residency be it moving or simply staying put. Wishing you all the best year ever in 2011!

No comments: