Pages

Friday, September 10, 2010

Application

Spencer submitted his application to apply for residency last night. It's not quite done since he still needs to add his letters of recommendation (they are being written), transcript, and the next set of board scores. But, overall the beast is finally in and we should start getting calls about interviews soon! We picked about 20 schools spread across the country, but mostly focused out west. That means that next year we could be living anywhere from Virginia to California and it is now up to the gods of medical education and the infamous match system to decide our fate.

As far as where we want to end up, it's difficult to say. I feel like my answer changes depending on who I'm talking to and how the rest of my life is going. We really like it here and so it would be nice to stay. I have a good job, we like our place, and we can generally survive without a second car (with the addition of our awesome scooter, of course!). The prospect of instant doubling our income next July is especially tempting since if we stay here I keep working and Spencer starts getting paid. However, I am having an especially adverse reaction to the cooler weather right now since I know that it is the messenger of a potentially brutal and chilly winter. That makes me wish for the sunny coasts of California, or the warm clime of such places like Arizona or New Mexico. But then I think about knitting and how there would be very little use for my large collection of wool if we lived in those place and I begin to entreat thought of family in Utah or Virginia or even Oregon. Whatever the outcome though, I'm looking forward to just finding out. When I stop to just think about how far we've come and how little time it's really taken I'm amazed. But when you're living it day to day, it just seems to drag on forever. Here's hoping that we will get through this next stage of life quickly but also be able to take everything in and enjoy!!

1 comment:

Aubrey Jane said...

Utah! Utah! You know you want to come back!