Pages

Friday, September 3, 2010

10 Thing You May Not Know About Me

10. My fingernails turn blue when I got cold. So blue, in fact, that people think I'm sporting an awesome shade of nail polish. I'm not. I'm just cold. A lot.

9. I love all animals, but I hate snakes. I generally ascribe to the notion that I can't care for things without legs. My tomato plant will corroberate that for you if you'd like.

8. I'm an over-doer. I like lots and lots of different things. I love writing, reading, dancing, running, Pilate's, yoga, knitting, going to movies, baking, walking, mountain biking, camping, hiking, traveling, drawing, painting, organizing, making lists....should I go on? This may be why I sometime feel like I get nothing done.

7. I hate feet. I may sell some pretty awesome pedicure products, but don't expect me to put them on your feet because I refuse to touch them. It's even worse if you touch me with your feet anywhere above my ankels. I don't care that you just took a shower.

6. I probably should have been a teacher. I distincly remember teaching one of my sisters how to jump rope. Recently, I taught my friend's 4 year old the same skill. In college, I really enjoyed toutoring trig and calculous, and my favorite part of my new job so far was the day I got to give a presentation. Note I said got to. Not had to.

5. "Dangerous" things scare me, but I usually like to do them anyway. I'll admit it, I'm a little nervous every time I go mountain biking, rock climbing, scootering, or driving in rainy/snowy/icy weather. But I do it anyway. And I'm better for it.

4. I read nonfiction. For fun. In fact, I think I've read more nonfictional works than fictional works in the last year and not all of them were forced upon me by school. Don't get me wrong, I love a good story. But I absolutely adore all the knowledge I get out of my nonfictional exploits.

3. I love cake. The only two things I really cared about for my wedding (aside from Spencer) were that I have a rockin cake and an awesome dress. I ended up with a gorgeous handmade dress from my mom and 2 different wedding cakes. We ate the middle tier of the first one on our honeymoon. That may be why I gained weight when I got married. heh.

2. I didn't really get into music until after high school. Now, I'm a music junkie. I don't know tons about music, but I do generally know what's going on in the current music scene. I credit that trend with the aquisition of a car with a stereo.

1. I love cars. I don't know much about them from a technical standpoint, but I love driving them, shopping for them online, and checking them out when they drive by. My parents like to joke about the fact that when I about 2.5 I pointed out the Mercedes to them while at Baskin Robbins, much to the amazement of another patron.

3 comments:

Aubrey Jane said...

That was fun Megan! I didn't know all of those things! I love cake too...mmmmmmm. Robert knows a lot about music - titles, singers, band members. But I know the lyrics. He sings the wrong words all the time.

StacyBug said...

I ditto Aubrey. Cake is my favorite dessert. Any kind of cake!!!!

StacyBug said...

I ditto Aubrey! Yummy cake :)