Pages

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Getting in Shape

I just tried Denise Austin's new 3 week boot camp workout tonight and let me tell you, it was killer. Now, I haven't really been keeping up with my workouts like I should this past month due to illness/exhaustion/laziness, but still! It's a tough 20 minutes of alternating cardio and weight lifting and actually comes broken down into 2 workouts that are kettle bell inspired and can be combined to create one super-tough 40 minute "boot camp" workout. The idea is to do the easier 20 minutes 4x the first week, the harder 20 minutes 4x the second week, and then the whole thing 4x the third week. In light of the upcoming new year and the inevitable resolution to lose weight and tone up, I decided to start this year's resolution early. I had previously tried it on Saturday while very hungry and very tired and was not able to do it. In light of that, I am counting today as the first day of this workout adventure. So, for the record...I need to do it 3 more times this week! I'll be posting little notes here to let you know how it goes.

No comments: