Pages

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Circadian Rhythms

About 2 weeks ago, Spencer started his OB rotation. For some reason, they feel compelled to make him come in at 5 in the morning. At first I resisted. I stayed in bed for nearly 2 hours after he'd get up so I could get some extra sleep, even though I always woke up a little when he was getting ready to go. As someone who, aside from a 4 year stint of early morning seminary, typically can't drag myself out of bed to save my life before 7am, I convinced myself that I just couldn't do it. I justified it further by the fact that I have been dead tired since this rotation started and have had and almost constant sleep headache to boot. And then last Sunday Spencer had to go in early for 24 hour call and I had to take him because I needed to use the car to get to church. By the time I got back home from driving him, it was almost time for me to get up anyway, so I just stayed up and did things that I never seem to have time to do like read my scriptures and lounge around in the serene quiet of the morning. Monday I awoke early again so I could pick him up, but Tuesday I fell back on old habits. This morning though, I decided when I heard him getting ready that I would get up. It was so nice to see him off this morning and to have the extra 2 hours to get ready for work. I read my scriptures, wrote in my journal, took a leisurely shower, and surfed the web. I did most of it from bed, but hey, you have to start with baby steps. Eventuality I hope to work up to a point where I will be up and working out in that period as well. I guess only time will tell.

No comments: