Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

Crisis (somewhat) averted

It would seem that my concerns for Sunday's meeting were not needed. After getting permission to change the songs that I couldn't prep in time, I felt OK enough to not be too nervous to play. However, I had to pick Spencer up from St. Joe's that morning so I didn't make it to church until about half way through sacrament meeting. It's a long story, but I'll sum it up here. On weekends, call ends at 8am so I dutifully awoke early and prepared for church so that I could both be on time to get him and be on time to church. I even made him an egg white omelet with mozzarella cheese despite the fact that I couldn't eat because it was fast Sunday. I got to the hospital on time, only to find that he was no where to be found. I must have called him 6 times, had him paged twice, and even ventured into the hospital to look for him but I couldn't get far because I don't have a badge. At any rate, he was called into an emergency c-section and had left his pager with someone who chose to not respond to pages so he couldn't tell me what had happened. I was more worried than upset because I thought he had fallen asleep and I had no way to get back and wake him up, plus I knew I'd never make it to church on time to play at 8:45 when 8:30 rolled around and I still hadn't heard from him. Fortunately, my good friend Alicia was able to cover for me and everything worked out. So I guess I didn't really need to be worried about playing those songs, now did I? I guess I just have to worry about all the up coming weeks now...

No comments: