Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

The Window of Death

There is a window at work that often has several dead birds littering the ground under it. It's more of a whole wall of windows, really. I like to call it the Window of Death. I'm not sure what it is about that particular side of the building that makes it such a hazard for birds. I mean, it's not like the rest of the building has bird carcasses around it. The weirdest part, though, is that they just sit there for days. In fact, I've seen a few bird skeletons sitting around. I'm not sure who to tell, but it's getting to be a real problem. And I find it somewhat ironic that an institution that's supposed to preserve life is actually killing it.

1 comment:

Cam E. O. said...

you should start a protest or a petition for people to put up those bird stickies so the birds can see that it is not going to move.

My guess is it has something to do with the sun and angle of the earth, that the tilt is just right that they can't see it's a window until it is too late. Then, as they lie there, broken, they get so depressed at the carnage around them that they can't handle it and give up the ghost.