Pages

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October?!? When did THAT happen?

Well, it would seem we're squarely into October now. Conference has come and gone. The weather finally decided to turn colder. The trees are turning colors and I can no longer complain about it because now is the time of year that it looks and feels right. Apples were picked, pies baked and eaten, and kids have been back in school for over a month. Wow. And I am now 2.5 months from being officially done with formal schooling. At least for a little while. I'll never say I'm completely done because I've said that before and holy cow now I've almost mastered something.

Spencer has an easy month this time around. He is doing blood bank medicine because of his love of all things anesthesia. It's great because the hours are so short which means he can study for the boards (step 2), which he will take next Tuesday. This is his last rotation of 2010. His first day was technically last Friday, but they decided to be nice and give him the day off. Monday he didn't start until 10am and got done at 2pm, which is sooo much better than it was before (10+ hours a day). However, I am now jealous. I still have to work. Today he went in at 8:30 even though his adviser wouldn't be there until much, much later because his advisor said something along the lines of "medical students shouldn't get to come in so late." He was done by 11:30. Yay! and Boo! because again, great for him but I am still stuck at work. Not that I don't have massive amounts of work to do or anything, but more because I would so much rather be at home with him than here working. Double boo.

So there you go. October, you snuck up on me and for that I'm kinda irritated. You could have at least warned me September was coming to a close before just showing up like you did. But I will forgive you, because you are delightfully chilly with just enough sunshine at lunch to make the weather less unbearable.

No comments: