Pages

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Utah/4 weeks

Last week I had the pleasure of traveling to Utah for a little R&R while Spencer stayed behind in Wisconsin and did all his school-like stuff. What started out as a graduation trip gradually shifted to a visit-the-sister-and-in-laws trip since the sister decided (wisely) to delay her graduation and I decided not to pay the $150+ fee for changing my flight. Highlights from the trip included: a day trip to Park City, "How to Train Your Dragon," the Women's Expo at UVU, trips to get ice cream, and seeing some old friends/family. Oh yeah, and the awesome minivan I ended up driving since the rental place didn't haven any other cars. Go stow-and-go seating. Great concept. If I didn't see you while I was there, I apologize, but one can only do so much in 4 days without feeling totally insane and driving the length of the state several times (which I did not feel like doing in my minivan). Also, I did not bring my camera on the trip (stupid) and my sister failed to bring hers along when we did fun stuff (I'd say stupider, but she'd probably virtually hit me or something :P). So...no pictures. I know, you're all sad now.

One other brief comment: Whose idea was it to make me give 4 weeks notice instead of the regular 2? I could be done with my old job by now and on to the new. This waiting period seems to be dragging out forever and seems only to serve to highlight how boring my current job really is. I feel like I have adult onset ADD or something. I know I've been working every day, but seriously I feel like I've accomplished zilch since giving my notice. Here's to a time warp for the next couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Aubrey Jane said...

Sorry we missed you! Totally understand though - coming to Logan would have been a time sucker. Glad you had fun with your sister - that's what it's all about! Next time we'll try to catch you for sure!
Oh, and how cool - a minivan! We are pining for one. Was the stow-and-go really awesome?