Pages

Monday, April 5, 2010

Explination

Some of you may be wondering about my last post, "iPad." Truly, if I had come upon it, I would also scratch my head and wonder why someone would bother to post the title without the text to go with it. Allow me to illuminate you.

Like so many other technophiles, this past Saturday Spencer became the proud new owner of his very own iPad. The computer count has now risen to 8 (10 if you include the Tivos). Let me break it down for you: 3 desktops, 2 laptops, 1 iPhone, 1 iPod touch, and now 1 iPad. Again, if technology is ever going to overtake us and enslave the human race, it's starting at our house. Or maybe my inlaws...

The newest addition to our ever-expanding home is pretty nifty. Though it is nothing more than a gigantic web-browser, it does have a lot of cool apps. Take, for instance, the app that lets me look at real estate in the area as displayed on google maps. It has prices, pictures, and even estimates a monthly payment. I probably spent a good hour or two browsing the various listings in the greater Milwaukee area, ogling million dollar homes and imagining how much fun it would be to actually be going through them. With each passing flick of the wrist, I flipped through picture after picture, only taking breaks when Spencer threatened to buy me my own iPad because I was using his too much or to show it delightedly to any other women in the near vicinity. (They all loved it, by the way). The ABC app was also a hit as it allowed up to delight in the silliness that is "Modern Family" while curled up in our comfy king-sized bed. (Let's note, there's now a 32" flat screen tele also in our boudoir.)

But other than that, I can't say that I see the hype. It's not a word processor, which means it's not super useful, and you can't even do certain things like type a post from it's touch screen (hence the post with title only). The website touts it as "a magical and revolutionary product at an unbelievable price." Magical? maybe. Revolutionary? not so much. Unbelievable price? yes, but not in the way they were thinking. It's more of a 'I-can't-believe-this-stupid-thing-cost-$500' than a 'wow! it's only $500' unbelievable. Still, I'm glad we got it. Spencer really wanted it and I'm apparently a sucker when it come to giving into his wants. I just have a hard time saying no to such a cute face. :)

Heaven help me when we have kids.

2 comments:

M.M. said...

Oh goodness. I can't believe you bought one. Weirdddddddd. I'm excited to see you soon! Hopefully we won't be sick.

Megan said...

I had little, if anything, to do with the purchase. I can't wait to see you next week!