Pages

Monday, March 29, 2010

Sick Day

Yesterday I had the pleasure (or rather displeasure) of being home sick. Spencer had it about a week ago so I guess it was my turn. When he gets sick, he gets just a mild headache or something. When I get sick, I'm pretty bad off. I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say I'm glad I recently scrubbed the bathroom.

Being home sick got me thinking about some of the odd differences between men and women. For one, when a man gets sick, he is completely useless. Spencer was home with a pretty bad headache on Sunday and did absolutely nothing but watch TV and sleep (I take that back--he baked some potatoes. But still, how hard is that?). When I was sick yesterday I managed to do 5 loads of laundry, bake brownies for my hubby (I couldn't really eat them), read for my class, and pick up around the house a bit. Strange.

In other news, I also got to watch the hamster babies a bit. Housing them in a glass aquarium yields the advantage of having a glass bottom to the cage. Thus, if you pick it up and look under the nest you can see their tiny little bodies wiggling around under there. I think I counted 6, but there could be more. They must be getting bigger because this morning Juliet took a good amount of time to go running on her wheel. That freaked me out a little and when I couldn't see them by looking at the bottom of the cage I cautiously lifted the covering of the nest a bit to peek in and saw a happy pile of babies. I'm now afraid that doing so will make her to cannibalize them.

One side effect of illness: I suddenly have a strong desire to keep all the babies and had a vision of a 7 hamster filled cages lining my living room shelves. Hehehe...

No comments: