Pages

Thursday, January 21, 2010

"Being Erica"

I do a lot of data entry at work which means I listen to either music or TV on hulu.com. Recently, I started listening to a show called "Being Erica." It's on soap net, so I'm sure it's not the cleanest show in the world to watch, but I really like listening to it. The basic premise of the show is that the main character, Erica, meets a psychiatrist who gives her the chance to go back and try to fix her regrets. She usually ends up learning some valuable lesson about herself or her relationships with others, but the part that got me interested was that the premise of would you change your past mistakes if you were given the option? I have made my fair share of mistakes and I regret some of the decisions that I've made. That being said, I feel like we are a sum of our past decisions and if we were to change any one of them, we wouldn't be where we are today. While I'm not exactly thrilled to be doing glorified data entry day in and day out, I am happy with my life overall and am working hard to improve it. If given the chance, I don't think I would go back and change a thing. After all, there's no telling if changing something I regretted would have prevented me meeting and marrying Spencer or being in the place I am today. Would you change anything?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yes, I'd excericise more.