Pages

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day 4 of No Soda

Day 1 was by far the easiest day. The only temptation came at the end of the day when I decided to do some last minute Costco shopping. I was coming home from dog class and had Percy with me, but just needed to grab a couple of things so we could eat for the week. I was in and out in under 10 minutes, and on my way out I grabbed a hot dog combo. Those darn things come with a fountain drink so I simply grabbed a regular Coke (ew) for Spencer and then wolfed the hot dog down much to the disappointment of Percy. It was tempting to just grab a diet soda like I normally do, but I wanted to remain committed to this challenge. I had posted it here AND told my coworkers. I couldn't just quit one day in, could I?

Day 2 was the hardest. I woke up completely drained after a less than restful night of sleep. I was tossing and turning and the dog was whining to get out of his kennel for most of the night. Needless to say, I was extremely tired. On top of that, I had physical therapy around lunch time and my habit has been to swing through a drive through on my way back to work. This time, however, I decided to skip the fast food and the accompanying diet cola and ate at home instead. I was tired all day and had a hard time focusing and staying on task, but my body felt better. I was less swollen/bloated and more comfortable in my clothes. I hadn't realized all the caffeine and fake sugar was making me feel that way, but if it really is then it's worth avoiding the temporary pleasure of a nice cold diet soda.

Yesterday was Day 3. I'm was tired again that morning, but only because Percy woke me around 4AM to use the facilities. That's pretty good considering I put him in his kennel around 9PM the night before. Spencer was up for work about an hour later and then I had to get up as well. I was craving McDonald's breakfast but I made sure to leave late enough to make that stop impossible if I was going to make it to work on time.

Today is Day 4 and besides the McDonald's craving again this morning, I really didn't think about it. So far this challenge has been pretty doable. It's hard, but not so hard that I don't think I can't complete it.

4 days down--26 to go!

No comments: