Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Activity Updates

Well, first off let me say that with the exception of Sunday (which should be a day of rest anyways), I did complete my goal of being active every single day. Secondly, let me just counter by stating that some of what I counted as activity probably wouldn't traditionally count towards what most people think of when they think of exercising. That being said, here's the stats:

  • To recap:
  • (Monday July 25) Day 1: Couch to 10k, week 5, day 1
  • (Tuesday July 26) Day 2: Physique 57 DVD
  • (Wednesday July 27) Day 3: Exercise Bike for 45 minutes
  • (Thursday July 28) Day 4: Couch to 10k
  • (Friday July 29) Day 5: 2 hours scrubbing the bathroom, 5 walking around Disneyland
  • (Saturday July 30) Day 6: Walking on the beach for about a half hour and then climbing about 250 stairs to get back to the car.
  • (Sunday July 31) Day 7: Rested, unless you count walking around the house in heels. :P
  • (Monday August 1) Day 8: Scrubbing my kitchen top to bottom (including cabinets and counter tops) for 2 hours
I had planned on running yesterday, but due to Spencer's new rotation this month, I ended up running out of time in the morning since I had to drop him off at 6am, drive home, and then turn around and head back into work by 8am. By the time I got home from dropping him off, it was almost 6:30 and there just wasn't enough time for an hour run, shower, makeup, and hair. I toyed with the idea of running after work, but it was almost 100 (and pretty humid!) yesterday so I never got the nerve to venture out. The kitchen scrubbing took up most of my afternoon/evening anyways.

Oh, and I'm not really sure how this challenge will continue to go. Ideally, I'd go run today, but I was rear ended last night and am just not feeling so hot. So, I grabbed my swim suit this morning and will head to the pool after work until Spencer gets done. If I'm feeling better by then, maybe I'll go for a swim and try running this evening. If not, oh well. Life  goes on. Any tips for exercising post (minor) car crash?

No comments: