Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Just Call Me A Cave Woman

So I haven't been posting very much as of late because my work has been pretty busy. It's the kind of job where when it rains, it pours. Right now it's pouring. Just to recap: we are down 1 full time person in my position, we increased our workload by 3x at the beginning of the year, we got slammed with a surprise audit that's pretty much consumed my life, and we have a site review coming up that was supposed to be at the end of April, but got moved up to the end of March. Needless to say, I am busy. On average, I am getting into work by 8am at the latest and typically heading home around 6pm. The good news is that I am enjoying what I do and being busy helps the days go by faster. The bad news is that there is not too much to post because I pretty much just sleep, eat, and work. As Spencer said to me the other day after asking me what my goals for the day were, "it sounds like you are a cave woman." Yes, dear. I am a cave woman.

Despite this, I have managed to have some fun. Highlights have included rock climbing with Jessica, visiting the Milwaukee Ale House to see Crash County Music (the singer was an American Idol hopeful and the drummer was a grad student that works in my friend's lab), and an awesome hot stone massage that I purchased off of Living Social.

In other news, we are in the throws of taxes. Yay! Match day and Fairbourn cruise, you cannot get here soon enough. I still can't decide if I want to stay in Milwaukee or go to California, but since that fate is pretty much out of my hands right now, I guess there's no point in getting worked up about it.

No comments: