Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Ode to Hurley the Hamster

Oh, noble beast
so small and furry,
like lightning quick
from me you'd scurry.

Your tiny feet
and tiny hands,
ran swiftly 'cross
apartment land.

You never bit,
you only growled,
and bared your teeth,
perhaps, and scowled.

But still you were
my favorite pet
and one I won't
easily forget.

Your panda stripes
Your chubby cheeks
and when you climbed
your wheel it squeaked.

And so as now
I fondly think
of how your face
looked when you'd eat,

I miss you so
my hamster friend
and hope to meet
you once again.


It would seem that hamsters like Hurley are now impossible to find in the greater Milwaukee area. Trust me. I've tried. If anyone knows of where to get just a regular ol' hamster, not a small/dwarf one, fill me in. I'm in need of a new one.

PS: RIP in Hurley.

1 comment:

Cam E. O. said...

try something like craigslist or your local online classifieds. (like in SLC it's KSL--or your local news show) also you can call a pet store and ask them. There have to be pet websites. Like a pet classifieds...good luck!