Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Dear February,

I hate to break it to you, but I think you may have a Napoleon complex. You may be the shortest month, but you certainly are packing a punch. Like the famed French figurehead, you may have started off well, but your rein of terror was quickly felt. You began so nicely, too, it's hard to believe that such a little month would have such a big bite.

Your first week started off so nicely. I had a much needed haircut (and it turned out well!!) and made a new friend in the process. I had spas booked. I was looking forward to helping write the script for the Ward Roadshow. And I had plenty of time to all of those nagging things done like taxes and laundry...or so I thought.

Imagine, dear February, my dismay when things started going awry. Spas cancelled. Having creative differences with people at the Roadshow planning committee resulted in being booted from said committee. Friendships were tested. Some passed, but some failed. Our water heater broke. The basement flooded. Our stove and fridge sat in the dining room for 3 days. We ran out of food (well not really, but out of food I wanted to eat). I attracted several other passive-aggressive people. And then the office manager told me I had to move from my nice, light, roomy cubicle to a smaller, dusty, dark cubicle. And then I tried to compensate by replacing my beloved Hurley (RIP) with a new hamster, only to find out that no pet store around here carries regular hamsters.

So now, in your third week, please cut me some slack. Please find some way to be kind for the rest of the month. Open your cold, wintry heart and let some sunshine in. But if for some reason you can't, let it be known: I will not be broken. If you won't back down, neither will I.

Sincerely,

Megan

No comments: