Pages

Monday, September 28, 2009

Weather

Those of you who've read our other blog know that I post a lot about the weather. Let me just make this brief....I love it right now!! Fall is my absolute favorite season of them all! There is nothing more amazing than the changing of all that green into glorious reds, yellows, and oranges. That's probably why I didn't like living in Utah as much. It was too brown.

On a side note, now is the time of year that has me nostalgic for being a student. Though I guess I'm technically still a student since I'm doing an online master's program, I'm not a student in the back-to-school/summers-off sense. I miss buying new books, paper, pencils, and back-to-school outfits. I miss that exhausted feeling you get when you switch from sleeping 'till noon to waking up at dawn to catch the bus. I've been working full time now for almost 2 years and this year I'm especially nostalgic this year for college and thus Utah. I miss crazy roommates (who'd have thought?), walking to campus, the mountains, weekly devotionals, dorm life, meal plans, football games, and the proximity of the temple. I miss the testing center (I worked there), Dr. Hatch's lab in the Widstoe Building, the Wilk, mountain biking, swing dancing, and my in-laws. I don't miss taking tests, but I do miss studying. Ah well. At least we are all still students of life.

No comments: