Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

The first time is always new...

On several occasions, my husband has made the observation that he has no idea why I married him because of my strong dislike/distrust of doctors. My mom has echoed these sentiments noting that I swore that I would never get married, let alone marry someone from Utah or someone who was a doctor. I typically counter with, "yes, but he told me he hated Utah," or, " yes, but he wasn't a doctor yet." Technically, he's still not a doctor so I guess we're in the clear for now, though I have no idea how I will enjoy being married to a full-fledged doctor. In just working for one, I've come to decide that I really hate the medical field and I can't imagine why in the world anyone would ever want to work in it.

In all seriousness though, I love my life. I may not enjoy what I have to do each day, but there are many things about my life that I do love. I have if not the best, one of the best, husbands in the world. He is kind, caring, a helps out around the house. He is supportive of my dreams and wants me to be happy. I also love my business, friends, and family. However, I am often struck by how strange and different with how my life is turning out versus what I had planned/imagined for myself. I had always thought I would be happily perusing a graduate degree in neuroscience right now, unmarried, perhaps living with cats... I never dreamed I would be married to a medical student, working for a surgeon, and trying to start my own business. This blog will be an attempt to chronicle the second two years of our medical school experience, residency, and then life as the wife of a doctor who doesn't like doctors.

No comments: