Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Things That Make Me Thankful


Last year I did a series of posts called "21 Days of Thanksgiving" where I posted things I was thankful about for 21 days straight. This year, it seemed like anyone and everyone had jumped on that type of theme and I didn't feel like tagging along, but since Thanksgiving is a little less than a week away I did think it was time to do some sort of Thanksgiving-themed post. So, here is the brief list of things I'm Thankful for this year:

  1. Days colder than 75 but warmer than freezing
  2. Snow on the mountain and not in my driveway
  3. New California friends and old friends from everywhere else
  4. Airplanes that make travel oh so much faster even if security makes things slow
  5. Fresh fruit and veggies
  6. A loving husband who works hard 
  7. Freezers
  8. Plenty to eat
  9. Wetzel's Pretzels--my perfect post-Disneyland treat every time
  10. Going to Disneyland with my husband, our friends, and out of town family
  11. Disneyland's chocolate covered marshmallows on a stick
  12. Having family within driving distances
  13. My calling in Primary
  14. Car insurance
  15. My iPhone
  16. A job that's flexible enough for me to move my schedule around whenever I want
  17. A loan guy that's stuck with us through this house buying thing even though we're taking FOREVER
  18. Yoga
  19. Running
  20. Everything chocolate
  21. Baking
  22. Book clubs where you don't bring the book and spend most of the time chatting
  23. Knitting and the closeness of a great knitting store with a great group of people
  24. Alpacas, llamas, rabbits, goats, and sheep for giving me various forms of yarn
  25. The easy availability of clean water
  26. The calming effect of being near the ocean or on a beach
  27. My two puppies that passed away recently
  28. Hamsters
  29. The various sitcoms that I watch and find amusing
  30. A warm, comfortable bed to sleep in at night
I could go on and on and on with this list, but for now I'll leave it at that. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: