Pages

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Exercise Bust and a New Challenge

The day after I posted that I would be doing the 30 day exercise challenge I busted. I got majorly sick (it's allergy season and I ran out meds) so instead of running or doing an exercise tape like I'd planned to do, I was curled on the couch in a fetal position clutching my head filled with swollen sinuses. No fun! Also within the last couple weeks I've had to work extra at work, had lots of evening obligations, and just generally have been bad at fitting it into my schedule. It would seem that the only sure-fire way to plan exercise in my day is to get it in before work which would require me to wake at 5AM and that's just not happening right now. At any rate, due to the events above and the fact that I know the next few weeks aren't going to be getting any easier, I've decide to start a new challenge.

The 30 Day Challenge I'm starting today is to not eat fast food for the next 30 days. That means no fries, no burgers, and no deep fried chicken sandwiches. Now, I suppose I can see an instance where we are out with family and really have no other choice, but in those cases I will keep myself to the fare on the menu that's the freshest (i.e. the salads sans dressings, grilled chicken no bun, or fresh fruit). Fast food is so easy to grab on the way home or at lunch so I think this challenge will help me focus on eating healthier and in turn helping Spencer eat healthier, too (since we will be forced to eat more at home or make better choices when we go out). The last day of this challenge will be April 16. Wish me luck!

Oh, and Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: